Saturday, November 22, 2008
November 08 Return to Batu Aji
I did it! I went by myself, with all four kids, not only back to Indonesia, but also to the Children's Home in Baut Aji (See Project Anakawan post). Ok so I had help from a friend who hooked me up with the driver/translator and Steve made some phone calls so I could breeze through customs...but hey I still did it and for those of you who have known me for years recognize the awesomeness of this. Ok anyway this isn't about me. The kids and I ventured back to visit the kids and Ibu (mom) at the Batam Children's Home. We really had no intentions other than to continue growing our relationship with the kids. Since I can't do much more than play UNO with my limited Indonesian, I decided to take a craft project. We took the makings for tamborines. The kids and I showed them how to make these tamborines and then they used their new creations to put on a "recital/dance show" for us. Music is truly universal (as are smiles which we shared many of). I loved helping Ibu phonetically learn how to sing Oh Holy Night in English. She and I can't say much to each other in words, but I am in awe of her love for all of these kids. We left feeling so good and so much closer to these wonderful people. We can't wait for our next visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment