Wednesday, September 14, 2016

And a year later...

...And a year later I have learned that I really am not a good blogger.  I find that Life for me can get way too busy and filled to take the time to write.  Although I am an avid journal writer I don't take enough time to sit and really reflect on Life

Life here in Quito still feels unsettled and this is very disappointing for us as a family.  It probably does not help that we have already moved-in three times to different places within this city in such a short time.  It probably doesn't help that the kids' school has been unstable and sitting on the edge of "will we still exist tomorrow" for months.  It probably doesn't help that we have not found "community" -- not a church family, not a group of friends.  It probably doesn't help that Life seems to go on for everyone around us yet no one really seems to care whether we are here or not.  It probably doesn't help...that I am focusing on each of these circumstances rather than the Greater things that matter to Eternity.

What are the Greater things?  On what should I focus?

When I change my thought habits and choose to see that Circumstances are nothing more than temporary conditions I find myself freed of the burden of trying to change things.  I find my vision is cleared to see so much more around me.  I find my mind filled with Dreams and my heart filled with Hope...again.  I find myself At Home.

So what does this mean for me as we head into another school year and the second half of our second year?  It means I will try again.  I will try to embrace this place in which God has us for a Season.  I will serve the kids' school with self-sacrifice where God calls me to serve and not feel guilty when I say no.  I will choose to see each person who crosses my path as a potential part of my Community from whom I can learn and to whom I could give.  It means lifting up my husband through his struggles and encouraging him to keep on keeping on.

And so, a year later from my last post, one thing that does not surprise me is that once again God is teaching me, growing me and holding me.

No comments: